What to Submit
CLICK ON THE TABS TO FIND OUT WHICH SECTION OF THE JOURNAL YOU CAN SUBMIT TO!
The “Quick Reads” section of our journal is a valuable resource for anyone looking to stay current on the latest developments in medicine and healthcare. It provides a convenient and efficient way to access the most important research and scholarly articles in the field, in a condensed and easy to read format. If you’d like to contribute to this section, pick a relevant health related issue and write about it in 170 words or less.
The topic of review is under the discretion of the author; however, the topic must be related to novel advancements in health-related systems, technology and research.
170 words max
Citations in AMA format + accompanying URL
Must use at least 2 sources
A New Blood Test to Detect Alzheimer’s Disease
A new biomarker test has been identified that can detect neurodegeneration associated with Alzheimer's disease in blood samples. The test measures levels of neurofilament light chain (NfL), a protein that is present in the nerve fibers of the brain. The study has shown that the blood test has a high level of accuracy in detecting Alzheimer's neurodegeneration, with a sensitivity of 96% and a specificity of 93%. This is a promising development in early detection of Alzheimer's disease, as currently diagnosis is based on cognitive and memory tests which can be unreliable and may not detect the disease until it's in an advanced stage. More research is needed to validate its effectiveness and accuracy in a larger patient population.
Please refer to OJS for further specific instructions regarding submissions.
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
● The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
● Submission document is completely ANONYMIZED, with no reference to the students name, principal investigator, course instructor, course code, university name, year of study, program etc.
● The submission file is in Microsoft Word or PDF document file format.
● Where available, DOIs for cited journal article references and URLs for cited websites have been provided.
● Articles must be set in Times New Roman. The body of the text should be in size 12. Headings must be in size 15. Subheadings must be in size 14. Pages should be single-spaced with standard 1-inch margins.
● Permission has been obtained from the associated principal investigator for the publication of any primary research and/or professor teaching the course the work was originally produced for.
● Page numbers should be added on the bottom right-hand corner.
Privacy Statement: The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.